Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2013

The Test: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum - How much of a difference does it actually make!?

I first tried Estée Lauders Advanced Night Repair last summer and in short I was won over from day one. At first I dabbled with the 30ml- it was expensive, I weren't sure if it'd be for me, so I figured to go with the smallest size was the safest bet. However I worked my way through that in about 3 months and then it was time for a repurchase. This time round I ordered the 50ml and due to buying it in a Debenhams sale, getting that slight discount made the price slightly more justifiable! When I'd finally got through this bottle, I tried to back away from it, see if i could do without it, see if I reallyyy needed it! And two weeks later the answer to this is I reallyreally do!




I'd forgotten my 50ml bottle had also come with a cute 7ml travel size version since it was Christmas stock, and this teensy bottle is what I have used for my testing here! ;) Simply put- once I'd used my final drop of 50ml ANR, I waited a week or so to see whether the lack of ANR in my routine changed my skin in any way. Then, after seeing a big change, I incorporated my 7ml bottle back into the nightly mix to see what happened! So here are the results...


The difference in my skin after cutting out this Estee Lauder favourite is shocking! Since using ANR, I now see how much spots had been kept at bay, oiliness greatly reduced, the general appearance had just been better! But I now see it's kind of one of those products where it's easier to see a difference without it, than with it! You get used to this great skin, and it's only when it's no longer part of your nightly skin regime that you see the difference it really made! 


So off I will go, and hand over the cash for my 3rd bottle of the stuff! Yes it is a hefty price tag but really it's a small price to pay when you see the wonders it truly does for your skin! I remember seeing all the beauty bloggers having this product feature regularly in posts and videos, and I guess I am now one of ANR's cult followers aswell! When my future ANR's run out I wont try to fight it next time, I will just know it is an essential, that must be repurchased again and again and again. I really tried to see if I could go without it and figure out whether it was simply a part of my routine that was just there and didn't really do anything, but I can confirm it is an absolute must-have item that everyone needs to have in their lives!


ANR is the ultimate in creating luxe, dewy, glowy, fresh and radiant skin! Immediately after I apply this in the evenings, my face appears plumped up and rejuvenated! I used to use this as the final step in my routine, as I felt if I applied something else on top it may water down the serum, and become diluted. But lately I've been laying Elemis FreshSkin Softly Softly Moisturiser over ANR and I'm starting to feel as though this is a wonder combination! In the space of just four nights of reintroducing ANR, paired with Elemis' Softly Softly, my skin has done a complete 360! I'm so happy with the results! So much so that on my first free day after payday, I'm heading to the shops and the Estee Lauder counter will be the very first stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment